Hillwalk Tours: The Wild Atlantic Way - Ireland
The Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland is home to some of the best coastal hiking trails in the world.
Hillwalk Tours offer hiking tours in six different regions along the Wild Atlantic Way. Starting with the Sheep's Head Peninsula in the south-west of Ireland, here's our recommended itinerary for hiking the trails of Ireland's Atlantic coastline all the way north to the pilgrim mountain of Croagh Patrick in Mayo.
- The Sheep's Head Way: The best kept secret of the Wild Atlantic Way - untamed, unspoiled - this is as close to untouched nature as it gets.
- The Beara Way: Epic scenery, colourful villages and friendly locals. The cable-car trip to the virtually unpopulated Dursey Island is an absolute highlight.
- The Kerry Way: Running parallel to the world-famous Ring of Kerry, the Kerry Way is renowned as the home of tourism in Ireland.
- The Dingle Way: In Dingle, they say the next parish to the west is North America! The Dingle Way is Ireland's most popular hiking trail.
- The Burren Way: Home to the Cliffs of Moher and traditional Irish music sessions, the Burren Way offers a great mix of activity and fun.
- West of Ireland/Connemara: Starting out with a trip to the Aran Islands, hike north through the wilds of Connemara to your final destination in Mayo.
Although primarily a driving route, hiking is surely the best way to enjoy the Wild Atlantic Way. How else can you truly embrace the feeling of the fresh Atlantic breeze blowing through your hair or the sound of the Ocean crashing against the shoreline?
The Wild Atlantic Way - for the wildest, most captivating hiking trails in the world...