Last updated: 16 August 2021
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused huge disruption to global travel and has impacted on the lives and personal health of individuals. Now more than ever reconnecting with the outdoors has perhaps never been as important for people. As a result, we wanted to update our loyal customers on how they can travel and reconnect with nature in a safe and responsible manner as we respond to this fast-moving and uncertain situation.
Depending on the country of your chosen tour, please see the following links for further information on travel guidelines;
- For the EU and tours in Ireland or Spain (Camino), you can find more information on the Re-open EU website: reopen.europa.eu/en
- For the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), you can find more information on travel guidelines below:
- England: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Wales: https://gov.wales/rules-foreign-travel-and-wales-coronavirus-covid-19-html
- Scotland: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/
- Northern Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice/
In addition, due to the uncertainty of travel during this time, Hillwalk Tours has put together a ‘Book With Confidence’ policy to ensure that you feel confident in booking a tour with us and know that we are flexible when it comes to changing or altering your original plans. Also, where uncertainty may exist for your tour, we will proactively contact you six weeks in advance of your tour start date to discuss any current restrictions that might affect your planned trip and what the best options going forward may be.
Furthermore, for your safety and to prevent the spread of the virus, social distancing, hand sanitisation, deep cleaning, card payments, mandatory wearing of face masks and more have been implemented by suppliers and local businesses along the trails. We ask that you adhere to the safety practices set out at all times and to also include face masks as part of the essential hiking gear for your trip.
Also, to ensure the safety of our staff, all our team members are currently working remotely from their homes. As a result, customers unfortunately are no longer able to contact us by phone and therefore we encourage you to email us instead. Our dedicated Customer Support Team respond to each and every e-mail they receive with a quick turnaround time. If you wish to speak to a member of the team, that’s no problem, just send us an email with your phone number and a request for a call-back and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging and difficult time. We look forward to reconnecting you with the outdoors in a safe and responsible manner.