Last updated: 22 February 2022
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused huge disruption to global travel and has impacted on the lives and personal health of individuals. Now more than ever reconnecting with the outdoors has perhaps never been as important for people. As a result, we wanted to update our loyal customers on how they can travel and reconnect with nature in a safe and responsible manner as normality starts to resume and the world opens back up again.
Depending on the country of your chosen tour, please see the following links for further information on travel guidelines;
- For the EU and tours in Ireland or Spain (Camino), you can find more information on the Re-open EU website: reopen.europa.eu/en
- For the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), you can find more information on travel guidelines below:
- England: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Wales: https://gov.wales/rules-foreign-travel-and-wales-coronavirus-covid-19-html
- Scotland: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/
- Northern Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice/
In addition, Hillwalk Tours has put together a ‘Book With Confidence’ policy to ensure that you feel confident in booking a tour with us and to know that we are flexible when it comes to changing or altering your original plans. Also, where uncertainty may exist for your tour, we will proactively contact you six weeks in advance of your tour start date to discuss any current restrictions that might affect your planned trip and what the best options going forward may be.
Customers can once again contact us directly by phone, however, as our team members continue to work remotely from home, our Call team may require a dedicated Customer Experience Team member to give you a call back to answer all your questions. Alternatively, you can request a call from a member of our dedicated Customer Experience Team by sending a quick e-mail to us, and they will be in touch with you shortly.
During your tour, we ask that you adhere & respect the safety practices set out by local businesses at all times and to also include face masks as part of the essential hiking gear for your trip.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging and difficult time. We look forward to reconnecting you with the outdoors in a safe and responsible manner.