Customer Experience Manager (F/T, Permanent)
Hillwalk Tours are located in the vibrant city of Galway in the West of Ireland. Creating experiences that make people happy is our core purpose and what we work towards every day.
We do this of course by helping our walkers have the best possible experience on their hiking tours. However, this mission extends beyond just the walkers who take to the trails. It means that for our employees also, we aim to make working at Hillwalk Tours a happy experience. We hire people who care about what we’re doing, support them and look after them.
We currently have a vacancy for a Customer Experience Manager. The successful candidate, first and foremost will need to demonstrate leadership qualities by fully embracing our company culture, actively live our core values and lead by example at all times.
The Customer Experience Manager will focus on all aspects of the customer journey, ensuring that at all stages, from initial contact to closing the feedback loop, the customer experience is a happy one.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our Customer Experience team and will foster positive relationships with all employees within the company, our customers and suppliers.
- To ensure, as far as possible, that all customers for their assigned hiking regions have happy experiences in their interactions with Hillwalk Tours.
- To be expert on your assigned hiking regions and assist Customer Experience Specialists and Walking Pack Administrators as required.
- To proactively look for ways to improve the experience of our customers in your assigned hiking regions by identifying and implementing product improvements.
- If you know how to find unique ways to overcome problems, find creative solutions to solve tour issues and deal with customer complaints or concerns in a calm but effective way you’d be a perfect fit for this position. Having hiking experience and knowledge, and/or a background in tour operations would also be highly beneficial.
- As a senior member of the team you will need to quickly gain an understanding and full competence in all Customer Experience Team tasks as you will be required to coach team members, handle more complex issues, manage customer feedback relating to tour experience improvements and make informed decisions on compensatory matters.
- Your job will be to help build a unified team that brings out the best in others and achieves maximum results. You will need to be a great communicator to motivate, coach, inspire, train and direct Customer Experience team members on the best ways and approach to relate to customers, systems processes, and ensure all company policies and guidelines (both team and company) are adhered to.
- Other duties include communicating customer related objectives to the team, compiling data and running reports to track the teams progress in meeting metrics and goals.
- Providing feedback on training needs and on any performance issues to the Heads of Customer Experience and HR, as well as providing on-the job training and coaching to team members will also be an important aspect of this role for which you will be accountable.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability of good leadership skills and willingness to fully embrace company culture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with all company employees, customers and suppliers
- A calm demeanour even under the most pressurised situations
- An ability to learn quickly, be inquisitive, think creatively and be open to feedback
- A technical mindset with CRM system experience
- Must be highly organised and structured with excellent time management
- A strong business acumen with an absolute attention to detail and ability to understand and articulate company strategy and goals to others
- Must be result oriented with a proven track record of meeting KPI’s
- An intense customer focus and a passion to deliver the best customer experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role ideally within the travel and tourism industry, or a strong operations background
- Knowledge of hiking and/or Ireland & UK hiking trails would be an advantage
- At least a 3rd level qualification in business/management/tourism or other related discipline
- Fluency in a second European language would be an advantage
- Must be available for and willing to take on-call in rotation with other team members during the walking season
Salary: 30k – 32k depending on experience.
Start Date: 1st September, 2021 (full-time, permanent).
Apply: Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com by 9pm Sun, 1st August, 2021 (We’d like to know which one of our Core Values resonates most with you and why you are a good fit for the role/company).
Location: Galway (Initially remote but some office days may be required for training, completing specific tasks and/or meetings. A private, quiet space with high speed broadband is required).