Customer Experience Route Specialist (Work From Home, F/T, Permanent) – DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS NOW PASSED.
Closing Date: Sunday 6th August, 2023
Calling all outdoor enthusiasts with a flair for delivering the best customer experience!
Join the thriving tourism scene with Hillwalk Tours, where crafting happy experiences for our walkers is our daily mission. We believe in fostering a work environment that values our team as much as our customers.
Now, we’re on the lookout for a proactive and skilled Customer Experience Route Specialist to help us create an amazing customer journey.
Your Journey Begins
As part of our Customer Experience team, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring every step of the customer journey is a positive one. From initial contact to closing the feedback loop, you’ll make sure our customers experience the best hiking tour possible.
Alongside a fantastic team you will be offering tour advice to customers, and booking tours, but will use your expertise to also assist on the hiking trail elements; maintaining and refining routes, writing directions to/from accommodation and GPS tracks. With your exceptional problem-solving and communication skills you’ll tackle trail or tour issues with ease. When you’re fully familiar with our tours and have a solid understanding of our processes you’ll be ready to hit the trails yourself to complete route maintenance and re-walk tasks.
But that’s not all, this opportunity is home-based (although you can work from the office any day you like), we pay the work-from-home allowance and also offer flexible work hours!
Your Trailblazing Tasks:
- Promptly and amicably respond to customer contact emails and phone calls
- Demonstrate a diligent approach to booking accommodation, walker and luggage transfers that guarantee smooth and hassle-free journeys for our valued customers
- Creating accommodation itinerary documents with directions to and from trails in addition to important notes customers need to be alerted to
- Finding solutions to trail issues e.g.
- Use online maps to find a suitable diversion when a trail issue occurs
- Writing turn-by-turn directions for this diversion for customer to follow
- Creating a map for this diversion for customers to follow
- Updating GPS files with this diversion information
- Contacting all affected customers to explain the issue and your solution
- Finding solutions to tour issues (e.g. finding new accommodation options and rebooking customers as required)
- Conduct site visits and full trail walks to check paths and accommodations, and update route information as needed
- Writing new route notes if required (including turn-by-turn directions and information about local history and attractions along the trail)
- Share the beauty of the trails by taking captivating photos and videos for our website and social media
- With your resourceful and proactive mindset, effortlessly meet and exceed metrics and deadlines
- Share on-call responsibilities during the walking season and be supportive of all company policies and procedures
Your Goals With Us:
- Ensure every customer enjoys a happy and memorable hiking holiday
- Become an expert on our hiking trails, providing high-value and accurate information to our customers
- Quickly and thoroughly gain an understanding and full competence in all Customer Experience Team tasks
- Be a great team player collaborating seamlessly with fellow team members and swiftly address any immediate issues and requests
Requirements For Your Adventure:
- A full driving license and preferably your own car
- Good health and endurance to complete long walking days
- Flexibility to travel even at short notice
- Experience as a confident hiker, comfortable walking trails alone. Mountain Skills Certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of our trails and other long-distance hiking trails would be a big plus
- Strong orientation, map reading and map creation skills is a must
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to use clear, concise language is non-negotiable
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail & unwavering customer focus
- Background in tourism/customer experience and geography is highly advantageous
- Photography and videography skills to capture the magic of our trails
- A calm demeanour, even under pressure, to shine in challenging situations
- A technical mindset with CRM system experience, and strong spatial orientation skills
- At least a 3rd level qualification in business/management/tourism/geography
Ready For The Adventure?
If you’re an enthusiastic hiker and a customer focused specialist with a passion for creating happy experiences, we invite you to embark on this exciting journey with us. Apply now and start your happy journey with Hillwalk Tours. Applications without a great cover letter don’t shine and get overlooked.
Further Application Details:
- Location: Galway/West Region, home-based but some office days may be required for training, completing specific tasks and/or meetings. A private, quiet space with high speed broadband is required for home working.
- Application Deadline: 6th August, 2023
- Salary: €26k
- Start: 2nd October 2023
- How To Apply: Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.