Customer Experience Associate
Closing Date: Sunday 29th May, 2022
Applications without the required CV & Cover Letter (see below) are not considered.
Hillwalk Tours are located in the vibrant city of Galway in the West of Ireland. Creating experiences that make people happy is our core purpose and what we work towards every day – for our employees, our customers, our suppliers.
Our aim is to make working at Hillwalk Tours a happy experience. We hire people who care about what we’re doing, support them and look after them. We aim to ensure our customers have the best possible experience on their hiking tours and work diligently to maintain supportive relationships with our suppliers.
When you work at Hillwalk Tours we offer you:
- A collaborative, supportive and engaging culture and a positive, happy working environment
- Extensive training for your role and ongoing knowledge sharing throughout the company and across departments
- The opportunity to develop your career, learn new skills and broaden your knowledge
- An extensive health and wellness programme, paid sick leave and wellness day accruals, flexible work hours
- Attractive employee discount schemes
- Monthly meet-ups and a variety of social activities and outings
We are seeking a motivated and aspiring individual, eager to join a great team and build a career in the outdoor tourism industry. The Customer Experience Associate role is a rewarding opportunity to learn by doing as you take on challenges and tasks that will expose you to all parts of our customer journey.
In turn what you offer us:
- A passion for helping people, with the ability to really listen to understand what a customer wants
- Your dedication to optimising the customer’s holiday experience
- Demonstration of great attention to detail, excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as a friendly and positive outlook
- An aptitude for learning quickly and a resourceful nature
- A willingness and hunger to learn
- A calm demeanour and eagerness to thrive in the world of work
Initially the role will be office based only as you learn the ins and outs of our customer documentation requirements and begin to become familiar with our tour regions and trails.
While your primary responsibility will be to create the walking packs for our customers, you will also receive the necessary training required to become a Customer Experience Specialist. It will be up to you to demonstrate your potential and ability to work seamlessly with our team – will you be ready to advance your career when the opportunity arises?
Initially your tasks will include:
- Training on walking pack processes and tasks
- Training on the roles and responsibilities of a Customer Experience Specialist
- Fully creating the walking pack(s) for a target number of customer bookings per week:
- Printing of all customer booking documents
- Binding of documents and dividers in correct order
- Assembling of bound documents together with maps, map case, map reading booklet, luggage tags, postcard, voucher and other regional specific items
- Checking customer postal address is correct
- Raising any issues and working with team members to resolve them
- Preparing the packs for the post and assist with posting the packs
- Maintaining and updating our software system
- Building and growing a knowledge and familiarity with our tour routes and regions
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and work processes
- Performing other reasonable job duties as requested
- Taking periods of on-call during the walking season to support our customers & suppliers- Saturday availability required 4-5 times per year
- (Due to business demands some restrictions apply to holidays with this role)
Further Application Details:
- Location: Galway City – Office Based
- Salary: €24k
- Start: July 2022
How To Apply: Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. We can review your experience and skills on your CV, so make the cover letter about you! Why you would like to work with us? What are you passionate about? How do you resonate with our culture and values?