Customer Experience Specialist with German (Permanent & 12 Month Contract Roles Available)
Closing Date: Sunday 29th May, 2022
Applications without the required CV & Cover Letter (see below) are not considered.
Hillwalk Tours are located in the vibrant city of Galway in the West of Ireland. Creating experiences that make people happy is our core purpose and what we work towards every day – for our employees, our customers, our suppliers.
Our aim is to make working at Hillwalk Tours a happy experience. We hire people who care about what we’re doing, support them and look after them. We aim to ensure our customers have the best possible experience on their hiking tours and work diligently to maintain supportive relationships with our suppliers.
When you work at Hillwalk Tours we offer you:
- A collaborative, supportive and engaging culture and a positive, happy working environment
- Extensive training for your role and ongoing knowledge sharing throughout the company and across departments
- An extensive health and wellness programme, paid sick leave and wellness day accruals, flexible work hours
- Attractive employee discount schemes
- Monthly meet-ups and a variety of social activities and outings
We are seeking an exceptional individual with fluency in English and German (written and verbal) to join our Customer Experience Team.
In turn what you offer us:
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in English and German
- A passion for helping people, with the ability to really listen to understand what a customer wants
- Your dedication to optimising the customer’s holiday experience
- Demonstration of great attention to detail, excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as a friendly and positive outlook
- Ability to use your initiative and work quickly and resourcefully to solve problems
- An aptitude for learning quickly and a resourceful nature
- A willingness and hunger to learn new process and expand your knowledge of our trails
- A 3rd level qualification and relevant previous work experience
Key Responsibilities of a Customer Experience Specialist:
As a Customer Experience Specialist you will need to perform essential tasks and duties on a day to day basis to a high standard – here’s an insight to what you would be doing:
- Responding effectively to customer contact and booking emails/phone calls in a timely, friendly and professional manner
- Diligently booking accommodation, walker and luggage transfers for our customers
- Identifying customer needs, providing appropriate tour and travel advice, ensuring that all customer queries and questions are addressed
- Inputting and accessing data on our in-house software system
- Make clear, concise and error-free changes to customer documentation – always ensuring that the customer experience is not compromised
- Maintaining a current knowledge and familiarity with our tour routes and regions
- Work in collaboration with other team members to ensure any immediate issues and requests are actioned quickly (help with sourcing new B&Bs, updating information etc.)
- Work smartly and resourcefully to meet and exceed metrics and deadlines
- Carefully printing and assembling walking packs for our customers
- Highlighting any issues, concerns or suggestions to your Team Manager
- Striving to build, develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers, suppliers and co-workers
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and work process guidelines
- Performing other reasonable job duties as requested by management
- Taking periods of on-call during the walking season to support our customers & suppliers- Saturday availability required 4-5 times per year
- (Due to business demands some restrictions apply to holidays with this role)
This role will be performed remotely, however, some offices days may be required for training purposes, to complete specific tasks and to attend meetings. For this reason we are seeking candidates who live within the West Region/Clare/Limerick. A car is highly desirable.
While working from home a dedicated, quiet space free from interruptions is required, as is a strong broadband connection.
Further Application Details:
- Location: Galway City/currently home based
- Salary: €26 To €28k – depending on experience
- Start: July 2022
- How To Apply: Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can review your experience and skills on your CV, so make the cover letter about you! Why you would like to work with us? What are you passionate about? How do you resonate with our culture and values?