Pilgrim Paths are routes used to make meaningful journeys to places of spiritual significance. Ireland is a country known for it’s strong religious history. It is therefore not surprising that [...]
All Posts by Alex
Ireland is a hikers paradise made up of 32 unique counties. At Hillwalk Tours, we specialise in self-guided hiking tours around Ireland. We have therefore created this post with interesting [...]
Firstly – Whiskey or Whisky? Growing up and living in Ireland, to me it’s whiskey. If I were to ask my Scottish friend however, he would no doubt inform me [...]
Authentic Irish gifts are the ideal souvenir to bring back after a trip to Ireland. Whether it’s Celtic jewellery, an Aran sweater or simply a Guinness-related gift – it’s always [...]
Before you take your next hiking trip, be sure to consult this list of the very best hiking routes on offer throughout the UK. From well-trodden treks to hidden gems. [...]
2021 could be your year of hiking. It’s time to don those hiking boots and take off on one of the great beginner hikes in Ireland or the UK. Long-distance [...]
Take a look at our interactive map and discover some of the best locations to grab some food while hiking the Dingle Way.
Rob Roy Macgregor Rob Roy MacGregor was a man, is a legend but was never a myth. He was an incredibly fascinating character in Scotland’s history. What’s even more fascinating is [...]
Hadrian’s Wall has so much to offer. Hike along the adjacent path. Discover ruins of the Roman Empire’s most northern barrier in Britain. Experience the peace and quiet of England’s [...]
- Hiking in Ireland
- Hiking in Scotland
- Hiking in England
- Hiking in WalesBlog posts about hiking in Wales. Wales hikes covered include the world famous Pembrokeshire Coast Path.
- Hiking the Camino
- Hillwalk Guides
- Hiking For BeginnersBlog posts with hiking for beginners tips, advise and recommended route on the Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog
- Hiking Health BenefitsBlog posts about the benefits of hiking from fitness to mental health on Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog
- Hiking ChecklistsBlog posts about hiking checklists from Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog
- Hiking EquipmentBlog posts about hiking equipment for hiking in general or hiking in Ireland, hiking in Scotland, hiking in England, hiking in Wales or hiking on the Camino on the Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog
- Hiking WeatherBlog posts on hiking weather and the best tips and advise for hiking in different weather conditions
- Hiking NavigationBlog posts with hiking navigation tips and advise on the Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog
- Hiking FoodBlog posts about the best hiking food and the best food to find along famous hiking trails on Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog
- Hiking BooksBlog posts about books relating to hiking or hiking trails in Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales or the Camino on the Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog.
- Hiking Movies & TV ShowsBlogs posts on the best hiking movies and tv shows as well as movies and tv shows which have been filmed along famous hiking trails in Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales.
- Hiking ImagesBlog posts on the best hiking images on trails in Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales and on the Camino on the Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog
- Hillwalk StoriesBlog posts with stories from hiking tours taken with Hillwalk Tours in Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales and on the Camino on the Hillwalk Tours: Walking Hiking Blog.
- By Theme
- Most Popular
- Hidden Gems
- Best For Easier & Beginner Hiking
- Best For Coastal Hiking
- Best For Hill & Mountain Hiking
- Best For History & Archaeology
- Best For Spiritual & Pilgrimage
- Best For Pubs & Music
- Best For Groups
- Best For World Heritage Sites
- Gift Vouchers
- About Us
- Contact Us