All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your statutory rights are not affected.
All tours are operated by Hillwalk Tours Limited, an Irish-registered Company. Whether services are supplied or carried out directly by Hillwalk Tours or through a third party, your contract is with Hillwalk Tours Limited.
- Modification or Cancellation of a walking tour by the Business
- Customer Modification or Cancellation
- Hillwalk Tours Limited’s Liability to the Customer
- Tour information & Feedback
- Luggage Transfer Service
- Special Offers & Discounts
- In order to reserve a place on one of our walking tours, the customer must pay the specified deposit at the time of placing the booking. This deposit is non-refundable except in the case of cancellation of the walking tour by Hillwalk Tours Limited (e.g. if the minimum number of customers for our guided walks has not been met – see point 2.5 below)
- The full balance of the walking tour is due 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the start date of the tour.
- If the full balance of the walking tour price is not received within 6 weeks of the start date of the tour, Hillwalk Tours Limited reserves the right to cancel the booking.
2. Modification or Cancellation of a walking tour by the Business
- We endeavour to operate all our walking tours as advertised. However, we reserve the right to modify or cancel any tour up to four weeks before the start date of the tour.
- Hillwalk Tours Limited undertakes not to cancel or modify any tour within four weeks of the tour start date unless forced to do so by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- In the event that we have to cancel a tour, the customer shall receive a full refund of the monies paid to us but will not be entitled to any further sum by way of compensation, damages or otherwise arising from said cancellation. This applies no matter when the tour is cancelled.
- In the rare instance that accommodation for your tour is unavailable due to high demand, we may need to use alternative suppliers, incurring additional charges. If the possibility of additional charges arises, you will be notified of these and asked for your permission to proceed before Hillwalk Tours continues with the booking.
- Should we decide to offer guided walking tours, these will be dependent upon a minimum number of customers. Where the minimum number of customers has not been met six weeks prior to the start date, Hillwalk Tours Limited is entitled to cancel the guided tour. Every effort will be made to find another tour that is convenient for you or, alternatively, all monies paid to Hillwalk Tours Limited shall be refunded to the customer. However, Hillwalk Tours Limited is not responsible for any additional expenses that may have been incurred by the customer in preparing the trip.
- Force Majeure: Where war or terrorist activities, threatened or actual, civil unrest, industrial action, threatened or actual, weather conditions, fire, flood, drought, airport regulations or closures, unforeseen alterations to public transport schedules and rescheduling of aircraft or any other event outside the control of the Hillwalk Tours Limited either delays or extends the tour or compels a change in prior arrangements, the Business cannot accept liability for any resulting loss, damage or expense to the customer.
3. Customer Cancellation or Modification
- Where the customer wishes to modify the walking tour arrangements after Hillwalk Tours Limited had accepted and confirmed the booking, a minimum administration fee of £40/€50 (depending on which currency you used to pay your deposit) per booking will be applied. If any additional costs have been incurred by Hillwalk Tours (e.g. administration, cancellation fees, etc.), these will also be charged to the customer. Any modifications will depend on alternative availability.
- Modifications to tours that have been confirmed are not possible within 2 weeks of the tour start date.
- Where the customer cancels the tour after Hillwalk Tours Limited has accepted the booking, or where Hillwalk Tours Limited cancels the tour due to customer non-payment, the following charges shall apply:
- Over 6 weeks before tour start date: The full amount of your deposit payment
- 6 to 4 weeks before tour start date: 50% of tour price
- 4 to 2 weeks before tour start date: 80% of tour price
- Less than 2 weeks before tour start date: 100% of tour price
4. Hillwalk Tours Limited’s Liability to the Customer
- Although we take the greatest care to ensure that everything runs smoothly on your trip, accidents can happen. For this reason, Hillwalk Tours Limited strongly encourages you to take out adequate insurance cover prior to travel for loss or damage to personal property, personal injury or illness, medical expenses and cancellation expenses. Please note that neither Hillwalk Tours Limited, its employees nor its agents can accept any liability relating to personal injury or illness, loss or damage to personal equipment, or any other unforeseen events that occur during your walking tour.
- Any information or advice provided by Hillwalk Tours Limited on matters such as walking routes, climate, clothing, travel documents, baggage, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the Business.
- The customer accepts responsibility for obtaining any necessary visas and travel documents needed to allow them to take a walking tour with Hillwalk Tours.
- This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by Irish Law and customers shall submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
6. Tour information & Feedback
- This website includes general descriptions of the various tours available, specifically outlining the itinerary and services included in the price. Changes in any or all of these items may need to be made from time to time, and you should request a detailed dossier for up to date information about the tour.
- Our website contains statements representing its honest belief that the facts as shown are correct. Every reasonable effort has been made to fully describe the tours offered and every reasonable attempt will be made to honour what has been described.
- Hillwalk Tours Limited reserves the right to make changes to the information, prices and itineraries set out in the website and provided such changes have been notified to the customer prior to the submission of a booking form, such changes shall be binding on the parties.
- Any likeness of you secured or taken on any of our tours or any imagery/media which you capture and share with us (e.g. either by email or on social media), may be used by Hillwalk Tours Limited without charge in all media, for bona fide promotional or marketing purposes, including without limitation promotional materials of any kind, such as brochures or on the Internet.
- In the interests of continuing to offer the best possible standards of service, Hillwalk Tours Limited reserves the right to share, or not to share, any feedback or comments received from you with our business partners be they accommodation suppliers, luggage transfer providers, taxi drivers, walking trail maintenance, etc.
7. Luggage Transfer Service
- Each customer of Hillwalk Tours is entitled to one item of baggage to be transferred along the walking route during their tour. An upper weight limit of 15kg per person applies to the luggage transfer service included in all our walking tour packages. Hillwalk Tours Limited reserves the right to refuse the transfer of loads which exceed these limits.
- Luggage will not be transferred to locations which are outside the tour itinerary you have booked. If you have booked an extra night’s accommodation in a location outside the tour itinerary, your baggage will not be transferred to or from this location.
- Neither Hillwalk Tours Limited, its employees nor its agents can accept any liability relating to loss or damage of personal property during the transfer of luggage during your walking tour. For this reason, valuable or breakable items (e.g. jewellery, electronic devices, cash, etc.) should not be left in baggage due to be transferred.
- Hillwalk Tours Limited strongly encourages you to take out adequate insurance cover prior to travel for loss or damage to personal property.
8. Special Offers & Discounts
- A discount of 80% of the tour price will be extended to children aged under 2 years of age (as at the tour start date), at the discretion of Hillwalk Tours. The amount of any such discount is dependent on the costs charged to Hillwalk Tours by their suppliers and is based on the assumption that the child will be accommodated in the same room as his/her parents. To avail of this discount, a copy of the child’s passport/I.D. Card must be sent to us by email prior to booking – this is required before we start contacting our suppliers to make reservations. You will not be required to pay a deposit for the child when you are booking your tour.
- A discount of 10% of the tour price will be extended to children aged between 2-12 years (as at the tour start date), at the discretion of Hillwalk Tours. The amount of any such discount will be dependent on the costs charged to Hillwalk Tours by their suppliers. In order to be eligible for any potential discount, a copy of the child’s passport/ I.D. Card must be sent to us by email prior to booking – this is required before we start contacting our suppliers to make reservations. A deposit of £100/€100 will be required for each child on your tour.
- Special offers or discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other existing offers.
- All reductions apply to the tour price only. Single supplement charges and extra night costs will be incurred as normal where applicable.
- All offers are subject to availability.