Great Glen Way: Overview
Why go hiking on the Great Glen Way (GGW)?
- Catch a glimpse of “Nessie”, the Loch Ness Monster!
- Visit Urquhart Castle on the shores of Loch Ness. This 13th Century stronghold will give you a taste of how it felt to live in medieval Scotland
- Enjoy spectacular surroundings minus the climbing. The Great Glen Way is a relatively gentle hike, much of it alongside the banks of the Caledonian Canal
- Hike all the way across Scotland. The Great Glen Way is a Coast-to-coast hiking trail from the Atlantic Ocean in Fort William to Inverness on the North Sea
Great Glen Way Trail Details
- Self-guided walking tours from £399 per person
- Choose Gentle, Moderate or Challenging Hikes
- 14 different itineraries to suit all abilities
- Terrain: Generally very good. Mainly along tow paths and forest tracks.
- Start anytime from 21 Mar - 30 Sep
- Waymarking: Excellent