West of Ireland/Connemara: Overview
Why go hiking in West of Ireland / Connemara?
USA Walkers: Book Now & Save $$$! With the US Dollar close to parity with the Euro, NOW is the time to book your West of Ireland / Connemara walking trip!
- From Irish music sessions to thatched cottages and turf-cutting in Connemara, take yourself back to an Ireland of times gone by
- Explore dramatic landscapes that have inspired great writers such as Oscar Wilde and WB Yeats
- Visit a secret church built by Saint Patrick in the 5th Century.
West Ireland/Connemara Trail Details
- Tours from €519 per person
- Choose Gentle, Moderate or Challenging Hikes
- 6 different itineraries to suit all abilities
- Terrain: Moorland, bog roads, mountain paths and forestry tracks. Rugged in parts. Regular asphalt hiking on quiet roads. Parts of the route can be very wet and boggy, particularly after periods of rain.
- Start anytime from 17th Mar-Oct
- Waymarking: Very good. Except Aran Islands. Detailed notes provided.